Saturday, August 22, 2009

When I become Speechless…

I am so felicitous in Cochin, but sometimes I feel bore. All my colleagues enthusiastically wait for weekends, but these are despicable for me. During weekends I usually make phone calls to my friends & my relatives. Most of the time they talk about Cochin & about job, till that I acquaint merrily. But when they ask when you are coming home….. I become speechless.

I don’t have answer for this question. My native is too far from Cochin. If I depart by flight then also it’ll take 10-15 hours, because there is no direct flight service. Sometimes I think why it is like that, why there is no IT company in U.P. whether it’s government inefficiency or due to lack of resources. Working here is like an onsite for me. I always feel difficulties to interact with local people due to language problem, food is totally different, and culture is new for me.

Others colleagues waiting for weekends because they want to enjoy it with their parents, but for me it is very difficult to pass these two days. There are so many holidays but I can’t make use of it to go home and enjoy with my family. Sometimes I think Onsite associates are far better than me, at least they can come India to enjoy there long vacations during Christmas.

From my joining on 29 June ’09 to till now I missed Rakshabandhan, Janamasthmi and surely going to miss Dusshera n Diwali festivals as well. But I think this is the way life is. Things in this life are not so leisurely and difficult to achieve all whatever you want.

I have my first salary in my hand but having no idea how I am going to celebrate it with my parents and other best wishers. It is very well possible that I can purchase something for my parents and courier it to them. But then definitely I’ll miss their expression after getting it, which is a most precious moment for me. I am still waiting when my training will be over, so that I could take 10 days long leave to enjoy my native once again.

But still I am enjoying my life here because I have inner satisfaction with my job. Thanks to Anna University which provide me an opportunity to join Cognizant and thanks to Cognizant which always gives me lots of gratification.

No comments:

Post a Comment